The 3 Treasures for Elderly includes (1) Enduring Power of Attorney (“EPOA”); (2) Will; and (3) Advance Directives in Relation to Medical Treatment (“AD”). It is prudent to plan ahead for the future legally and have your affairs organized according to your wish.
Treasure 1 – Enduring Power of Attorney
– Directing your attorneys to act either jointly or jointly and severally;
– Giving them the authority to collect income or capital due to you;
– Allowing them to act on your behalf to sell your property;
– Specifying the property or financial affairs that your attorneys can act on;
– Applying restrictions on the way your attorneys exercise their power;
– Stating the circumstances which can trigger the commencement of an EPOA.
Treasure 2 – Will
can alleviate family disputes through the provision of the following information, including (not limited to):
– Directing to whom assets are given;
– Setting up trusts for your children and spouse;
– Donating money to charity;
– Donating your organs for transplant.
Treasure 3 – Advance Directives in Relation to Medical Treatment
– Terminally ill;
– In a state of irreversible coma and/or persistent vegetative state.
Concluding an AD can alleviate your family’s anxiety with your clear implication of preference in receiving specific invasive medical procedures such as CPR, tube feeding, artificial ventilation, cardiac agents etc.
Deed of Temporary Guardianship
– The place children should be raised;
– Education Goals;
– Funding for the children;
– Religion that the children should be exposed to.
Weir & Associates can advise in drafting of the Deed of Temporary Guardianship which clearly sets out your intentions and instructions for the custody of your children.
Weir & Associates is a Hong Kong law firm
geared to provide comprehensive legal solutions through access to a wide range of resources. For further information, please contact us by telephone, email or fax.
Solicitors and Notaries
6th Floor, Wings Building
110 Queen’s Road Central,
Central, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2526 1767
Fax: (852) 2868 3568